- 1 prepared/proofed dough or parbaked crust for 14-16-inch pizza
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil, divided
- 2-3 links (6 ounces) hot Italian or fennel sausage, crumbled (or sliced) and cooked
- 1 bunch (6-8 ounces) Broccolini™ or broccoli rabe, half of stem-lenghs removed, steamed and shocked in ice water
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) cooked or canned chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Sharp Provolone Cheese, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Wisconsin Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 ounces Wisconsin Parmesan Cheese, shaved
Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Three Cheese Pizza with Broccoli Rabe, Sausage and Chick Peas
Brush prepared dough with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss sausage, Broccolini/rabe and garbanzo beans in remaining garlic oil. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
Place half the Provolone and Mozzarella on the oiled dough. Arrange sausage mixture over cheese.
Top with remaining shredded Provolone and Mozzarella.
Bake about 10 minutes (for fresh dough) or until crust is lightly browned and cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and place shaved Parmesan over.