- 1 tablespoon Doris' Own extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 6 ounces Doris' Own pizza dough
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim-milk mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon chopped summer savory
- 1/4 pound summer squash, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 500°. Preheat a pizza stone. In a small bowl, combine the 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the minced garlic and let stand. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough to form a 12-inch round, 1/4 inch thick. Transfer the round to a lightly floured pizza peel.
- Leaving a 1/2-inch border of dough, brush the round with the garlic oil and sprinkle with crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper. Scatter the onion slices over the round; top with the mozzarella and savory. Arrange the squash slices on top in a single layer, overlapping them slightly. Dot with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone and bake for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is crisp and the squash is slightly browned. Transfer the pizza to a work surface. Sprinkle with the walnuts and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into wedges and serve.
You can pick up our own pizza dough in our stores, fresh or frozen. We even have whole wheat pizza dough!
Other Pizza Recipes:
Grilled Pizza with Pears & Fig Jam
Philly Beef Pizza
Pizza with Garlic Paste & Pine Nuts
Grilled Sausage & Ricotta Pizza