- 7 ounce(s) beans, such as chickpeas, black-eyed peas, or kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 can(s) (5 to 6 ounces) water-packed chunk light tuna, drained and flaked (see Tips & Techniques)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup(s) finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoon(s) capers, rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoon(s) lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 cup(s) mixed salad greens
- Combine beans, tuna, bell pepper, onion, parsley, capers, rosemary, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon oil in a medium bowl. Season with pepper. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, and salt in a large bowl. Add salad greens; toss to coat. Divide the greens between 2 plates. Top each with the tuna salad.
Carb Servings: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 2 1/2 lean meat, 2 fat. Carbohydrate Servings: 1. Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (160% daily value), Vitamin A (100% dv), Folate (42% dv), Potassium & Iron (20% dv).