Total Time: 12 min
Prep: 5 min
Cook: 7 min
Yield: 4 serving
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, cracked away from skin
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 pound smoked fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 8 basil leaves, torn
- Heat a grill pan over medium low to medium heat.
- Heat oil and garlic in a small pot over low heat.
- Brush 4 slices of the bread with garlic oil on 1 side.
- Place garlic oil side down on the grill.
- Top with sliced cheese, tomato and basil.
- Place another slice of bread on top of each sandwich.
- Brush sandwiches with garlic oil.
- Press sandwiches with heavy skillet or a brick covered with tin foil.
- Toast sandwiches on both sides to melt cheese