Prep Time: 30 minutes
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Two 6-ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained and flaked
- 9 ounces marinated artichokes, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, coarsely chopped (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 1/2 tablespoons shredded basil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 long ciabatta rolls or 1 long ciabatta loaf, split lengthwise
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 pound Robiola cheese or Brie, rind removed and cheese sliced
- Preheat the broiler. In a medium bowl, whisk the 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard until combined. Add the flaked tuna, chopped artichokes, chopped olives, sliced red onion and shredded basil and toss gently. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the cut sides of the ciabatta lightly with olive oil and broil cut side up on a baking sheet for 2 minutes, until the ciabatta is golden and lightly toasted; shift the baking sheet for even browning. Rub the garlic clove over the toasted ciabatta and mound the tuna salad on top. Cover with the sliced Robiola cheese and broil until the cheese is just melted, about 1 minute. Serve the tuna melts at once.