- 2 Avocados, diced
- 2 Fresh Summer tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh diced cucumbers
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- Squeeze of lemon
- Drizzle of good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Toss together the avocado, tomato, cucumber and basil. Drizzle with fresh lemon and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding a pinch of red pepper flakes if desired.
Options: Instead of fresh chopped basil, substitute with fresh oregano and Italian parsley, or add in a little fresh mint. Fresh chopped cilantro is also a fabulous compliment to this salsa.
Serve over grilled chicken or fish. Or serve as an appetizer with a basket of blue corn chips.
recipe source: karistaskitchen.com