Serves: 6Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 1 large yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) package prepared polenta
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Saute carrots, zucchini, squash, onion and bell pepper in a large saucepan with a small amount of olive oil. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Saute vegetables for approximately 5 minutes and pour in spaghetti sauce. Stir, cover and simmer until vegetables are slightly tender.
- Slice polenta into 1/2 inch circles and season with garlic salt and pepper. Heat enough oil in a medium skillet so as to completely cover the entire bottom of the pan. Pan fry seasoned polenta in hot oil, about 3 minutes per side. Remove from oil and layer the slices in a large casserole dish. Spoon the vegetable mixture over the polenta and then sprinkle with Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake casserole for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Total Fat: 18.6g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Sodium: 797mg
- Total Carbs: 29.2g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8g
- Protein: 13.2g