- 1 pound 3 ounces ground veal 540g
- 4 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup beer, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- dash of pepper
1. In mixing bowl combine bread pieces and 1/4 cup beer; set aside and let soak.
2.In small bowl combine remaining 3/4 cup beer with the water and honey; set aside.
3.In 12-inch nonstick skillet heat 1 teaspoon margarine until bubbly and hot; add onions and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
4.Add sauteed onions to soaked bread; add veal, egg, parsley, salt, and pepper and mix until thoroughly combined.
5.Shape into 16 balls, each about 2 inches in diameter.
6.In same skillet heat remaining 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons margarine over medium-high heat until bubbly and hot; add meatballs, 1 at a time, and quickly brown on all sides (be careful not to burn; if necessary, reduce heat to medium).
7.Add reserved honey mixture to skillet and bring to a boil.
8.Reduce heat to low; let simmer 1 minute.
Recipe Source: vealrecipes.com