- 1/2 package frozen spinach leaves, thawed 300g
- 2 cloves garlic, mince
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup dry Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1lb lean ground veal 454g
- 2 slices ham
- 2 slices Provolone cheese
- In bowl, combine thawed spinach and half each of the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg; stir in bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, parsley and remaining garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add veal; mix just until combined.
- Place ham on cutting board; top each slice with 1 slice cheese, then half of the spinach mixture.
- Roll up; cut in half.
- Shape veal mixture into four 3/4-inch (2 cm) thick patties around ham roll-ups.
(Make-ahead: Layer between waxed paper in airtight container and refrigerate for up to 24 hours or freeze for up to 1 month. Thaw in refrigerator.)
- Place on greased grill over medium heat; close lid and grill, turning once, until digital thermometer inserted sideways into centre reads 160°F (71°C), about 15 minutes.
Come to your nearest Doris Italian Market and get your fresh ingredients to guarantee a victory this Super Bowl Sunday!
Recipe Source Canadian Living Test Kitchen