Unfortunately, many of Doris Market customers prefer Imorted Italian Pasta so we have eliminated the regular line. However, some locations carry their award winning Barilla Plus Pastas which are enriched with extra amounts of protein.
Well here is the recipe I was mentioning. For more recipes, check out www.barilla.com.
Pasta in a Lamb Ragout
Serves 4-6 people
- 1 16oz. box of your favorite pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2lb. lamb stew meat, diced into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup white wine
- 28oz. can (or 2 - 14oz. cans) Cherry Tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil, torn
- 1/2 cup Locatelli Romano Cheese, grated
- salt - at your discretion for taste
- freshly ground pepper - at your discretion for taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season water with salt (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet; add diced onions and chili flakes. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add lamb meat and brown well. Season with salt & pepper at your discretion.
- Deglaze with wine and continue cooking until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and stew for 5 minutes.
- Cook Pasta according to package directions; drain and toss with sauce.
- Toss with basil and grated cheese before serving.
(all the ingredients in this recipe can be found at your nearest Doris Italian Market & Bakery)