· 2 pounds salt cod cut in 3-inch pieces
· 1 cup Doris Own 100% Pure olive oil
· 4 cloves garlic
· 1/2 cup lemon juice
· 2 cups hot and sweet vinegar peppers
· 1 cup Gaeta olives
· 1/4 cup capers
· 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
· Salt and pepper, to taste
- Soak cod for 2 to 3 days, refrigerated, changing water regularly.
- In large pot, bring 6 quarts of water to a boil, add cod and cook until fish breaks off easily. Strain and cool.
- After it cools, remove skin and bones, if there are any, and break into bite size pieces.
- In medium saute pan heat oil and saute garlic for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool.
- In a bowl, add cod, pour oil and garlic over, add lemon juice, peppers, olives, capers, parsley and salt and pepper, to taste. Place in serving platter and serve at room temperature.