Serves 8 to 10
- 3 cups cooked sweet potatoes; peeled if baked, drained if boiled
- 3 eggs
- 1 stick melted butter or margarine
- ½ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of nutmeg
Ingredients for Topping
- 1 cup cornflakes
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, mash the sweet potatoes with a whisk or potato masher.
- Combine them with eggs, butter, milk, brown and white sugars, cinnamon, vanilla, and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a 9 x 12 in casserole dish.
- Top with pecan topping and bake for 25-30 minutes.
Directions for Topping
- Crush the cornflakes into small pieces.
- In mixing bowl, combine them with the sugar, butter, and pecan and mix well.
- Top the soufflé with this mixture before baking.