- 1 ½ cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes, warm
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of allspice (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 9in. pie shell unbaked
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, put the mashed sweet potatoes, add the butter, and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and allspice. Blend them together. Stir in the vanilla. Then add the sweet potatoes and the eggs, stirring well. Stir in the evaporated milk, a little at a time. (You don’t want the mixture to be soupy.)
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, or until the center is firm.
Serve with a small scoop of whipped cream on top of each slice.