Servings: 2 loaves or many mini muffins
- 3 1/3 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
Ingredients for Topping:
- 2 tbsp salted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg & sugar together in a mixing bowl. Quickly add eggs, pumpkin, oil, & water.
- Mix with a dough hook (or by hand) until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Put mixture into 2 greased loaf pans (or mini muffin pans); bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then transfer from pans to a wire rack.
- While loaves are still warm, brush on the melted butter and then sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.