· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 scant teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
· 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 1 can (15 to 16 ounces) pumpkin puree
· 1/3 cup melted butter
· 1/2 cup evaporated milk or half-and-half
· 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 2 large eggs, beaten
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped pecans or raisins
· cinnamon-sugar, optional
Directions for Pumpkin Muffins
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Stir to blend In separate bowl,
- combine pumpkin, melted butter, milk or half-and-half, the beaten eggs, sugars, and vanilla; mix until blended.
- Stir pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients until moistened.
- Fold in pecans or raisins.
- Do not overmix.
- Line 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or grease well and dust with flour.
- Fill the about 3/4-full with the pumpkin muffins batter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar if desired,
- Bake at 375° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Makes 12 to 16 pumpkin muffins.