- 8 cloves Garlic, unpeeled
- 1 Tbl. Cento Olive Oil
- 2 pc. Doris' Fresh Pizza dough
- pinch Chili flakes
- 3-1/2 cups Swedish fontina cheese, grated (loosely packed)
- 20 slices Red onions, sliced very thinly
- 2 medium Vine ripened tomatoes, sliced 1/4" thick
- 20 each Cherry tomatoes
- 1 each Buffalo mozzarella, about 6 oz., cubed 1/2"
- 2 Tbls. Parmesan cheese, grated very finely
- 2 Tbls. Pine nuts 2 Tbls. Chopped basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 500 F. and place a baking stone or tile in to
- Heat a small saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil
and the unpeeled garlic cloves.
- Saute, stirring regularly, until the garlic skin begins to caramelize.
- Transfer to the oven and roast until the cloves become uniformly golden brown. Remove and cool.
- When cool, remove the roasted garlic from the skins and place into a small
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon to make a paste.
- Roll the doughs into roughly 10" rounds using a pie pin or by
pounding and stretching the dough.
- Sprinkle a light cutting board or pizza peel with cornmeal or
semolina and lay the doughs down on it.
- Spread the garlic paste over the doughs then sprinkle the chili flakes evenly and spread the fontina cheese over the dough, leaving a half inch rim without cheese.
- Next distribute the sliced tomatoes followed by the onion
- Arrange the cherry tomatoes evenly over the cheese and onions and
sprinkle the fresh mozzarella and Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for ten minutes or until the edge of the crust becomes
golden brown and the cheese bubbles in the center.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Sprinkle the
chopped basil over and cut into six or eight pieces. Serve immediately.