(Makes about 40 meatballs. Photo is missing Arugula and substituted sun dried tomatoes with grape tomatoes)
- 1lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 0.25 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 3 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 0.50 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 40 fresh arugula leaves, washed & dried
- 20 fresh mozzarella bocconcini, each cut in half
- 40 sun-dried tomatoes halves (use the type soaked in oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix beef, garlic, egg, oregano, cheese, bread crumbs, salt & pepper in bowl until well combined. Make meatballs using about a half tablespoon mixture for each. Line baking tray with foil & spray lightly with cooking spray. Place meatballs on tray as you make them, and then bake about 20-25 minutes, until no pink is left. Cool Meatballs slightly.
- Skewer each meatball with toothpick. Wrap bocconcini half with arugula and skewer that, and finish with piece of sun-dried tomato.
(source of recipe: floridatable.com)