To get started, we thought we'd provide a nice appetizer recipe for that cocktail hour at the house. Enjoy!
Puff Pastry Bites with Artichokes, Spinach, Sausage and EggMakes about 40 pieces
- 1 package frozen puff pastry dough, each piece thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 10-ounce packages frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces loose breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts, drained well
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces cheddar, grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Unroll each piece of puff pastry. Place on sheet tray and turn each edge over by about 1/4 inch, creating a rim. Brush each piece of dough with olive oil and spread with spinach. Sprinkle sausage over all and top with artichoke hearts. Carefully drizzle eggs over all, dividing evenly between 2 pastries, and then top with cheddar, salt and pepper.
- Bake 25 minutes, until pastry is golden and eggs are set. Cool about 10 minutes in pans. Slide each pastry onto serving board (use large cutting board or pizza peel). Use pizza cutter to cut each pastry into small triangles. Leave in place and serve right from cutting board