Mozzarella and Tomato Salad
A simple salad from the Italian region of Campania, made of sliced fresh buffalo mozzarella or whole milk mozzarella, plum tomatoes and basil.
- 2-3 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
- 2lb Doris own fresh mozzarella
- 6-8 leaves of fresh basil
- 8oz Doris own extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the mozzarella in ¼ in slices.
- Cut the tomatoes in ½ in slices.
- On a dish, stack the mozzarella and tomato slices alternating one slice of mozzarella and one slice of tomato, etc
- Instead of stacking you can lay the mozzarella and tomato slices flat (alternating), slightly overlapping each other.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves, drizzle with olive oil, and season with salt.