- 8 oz / 225 g (about 1 1/2 cups) EACH cooked chickpeas, pinto beans, black beans
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, washed, dried, shredded
- 1/3 cup / 1 oz / 30g sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons runny honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4+ teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- Combine the beans, lettuce, and most of the almonds in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- Make the dressing by whisking the olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, and sea salt in a small container. Taste, and adjust to your tastes.
- Run your fingers up each thyme sprig, removing the leaves.
- Add to the salad bowl along with a good amount of the dressing.
- Toss well, and add more dressing if you like.
- Finish by sprinkling with the remaining almonds.
Serves 4- 6.
Inspired by a recipe in Teaching Dad to Cook Flapjack by Miranda Gardiner (Hardie Grant Books, May, 2010).