Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- ½ cup port
- ½ cup Doris Montepulciano Red Wine
- ¼ cup raspberries, fresh
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 4 tbsp walnut oil (or olive oil)
- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 8 oz Brie cheese
- 6 sheets Filo dough
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups mixed baby greens: arugula, mizuna, etc (washed & dried)
- ¼ cup walnut halves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Carefully lay out 1 sheet of filo dough. Brush lightly with butter.
- Cover with 2 more sheets brushing each with butter.
- With knife, cut filo into straight strips about 3” wide. Repeat process with 3 additional sheets. (You will only be using 8 strips)
- Put equal amounts of Brie cheese at the end of each strip and form a triangle by folding the right hand corner to the opposite side. Continue folding until the entire strip is used.
- Combine wine, port, sugar and raspberries and reduce over medium heat.
- In a blender, put reduced mixture, vinegar and shallot and blend at a low speed. Add oils slowly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and bake walnuts until slightly brown and aromatic, 6-8 minutes. Set aside to cool
- In 350 degree oven, bake turnovers until golden brown (approx 6-8 minutes).
- In a large bowl place the greens, add dressing and toss lightly.
- Adjust seasoning and divide among 4 plates.
- Place 2 turnovers on top of each and sprinkle walnuts around.