- 3 bunches asparagus
- 3 pints whole mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup Doris own Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Doris Oven Roasted Aspargus Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash the aspargus and mushrooms
3. Snap off the bottoms of the asparagus stalks. The bottom of the stalk is fibrous and not very pleasant to eat, so just grab the bottom and bend until it snaps. Let the stalk snap at a natural breaking point as close to the cut end as possible. This position will be different for each stalk, but will almost guarantee that the asparagus will be tender. Cutting off the bottoms doesn't work as well since you have to guess where the stalk stops being tender.
4. Spread the asparagus and mushrooms onto a sheret pan lined with aluminum foil (for easy clean up) to form a single layer.
5. Pour the extra virgin olive oil over it and sprinkle ground black pepper and salt on the asparagus and mushrooms.
6. Place the sheet pan in the oven and allow it to roast for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Serve with your favorite meat or seafood dish.