- 3lb filet mignon roast *(if you are serving more than 6 people increase size of meat - 1/2 lb per person)
- 1/2 bunch celery, cut up
- 1 lb carrots (baby)
- 1 lb red potatoes, cut up
- 1 cup Doris Montepulciano red wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Doris own Extra Virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Whole peppercorns
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Doris Filet Mignon Roast (Chateaubriand) Recipe
Servings: 6 people (8oz per person)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Season filet by rubbing salt and pepper all over meat.
3. Place the filet in a roasting pan and put celery, carrots, and potatoes all around the meat. Pour cup of water in bottom of the pan. Drizzle the red wine over meat and around it in the pan. Then drizzle the olive oil over meat and around the pan. Sprinkle whole peppercorns over meat.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven.
5. Cook at 400 degrees for about 35-40 minutes (depending on oven). For medium rare stick meat thermometer in center of filet and it should read 135 degrees. Pop up timer (provided free of charge at Doris Market) will pop up when meat is medium rare. Please note, you do not want to over cook this meat. It is meant to be medium rare to medium for best flavor and tenderness.
6. For the last 5 minutes of the meat take off the aluminum foil to brown the outside of the filet.
7. When meat has reached 135 degrees or inside is pink, take out of oven and serve as desired. A popular way of serving is to cut into 8oz pieces or cut at your desired thickness.