Well for those of you who haven't had chestnuts or aren't sure how to prepare them, here is a quick how-to to try:
- Using a cutting board & knife, make 2 perpendicular cuts on the round side of the chestnut. Each chestnut should look like it has a "plus sign" carved into it. If you are a novice at handling a knife, use a short serrated blade.
- Spread the chestnuts evenly on a baking dish with the flat side down and drizzle water over the chestnuts with your fingers.
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees and then place the baking dish in the oven as close to the heat source as possible.
- After roasting for 10 minutes, turn the chestnuts over.
- After a total of 20 minutes in the oven, the chestnuts are ready. Serve them hot, and if you baked them right, peeling them open should be easy.
How do you prepare your chestnuts? Share with us!